Municipal Mayor: František Budovec, Ing.
Address: Municipality of Čierny Balog
976 52 Čierny Balog
Area of village: 14 717 hectares
First written reference: 1607
Banska Bystrica self-governing region
Identifcation number: 00313343
Municipality code: 508527
Bank contact: Prima Banka Slovensko, a.s.
Tax identity: 2020463280
METHOD OF ESTABLISHMENT, COMPETENCES, RESPONSIBILITIES
AND DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Municipality of Čierny Balog is a autonomous local self-governing and administrative unit of the Slovak Republic, it gathers persons who have a habitancy in the area of Čierny Balog.
Municipality is a corporate body that autonomously manages its own finances, property and profit.
Conditions for creation of municipality, its status, authorities, competemces and responsibilities are mentioned is the basic forms of the statute: Act No. 369/1990 Coll. on Municipal Establishment.
Municipality elected authorities:
- Municipal Mayor
- Municipal Council
Municipal Mayor represents the highest executive body of the Municipality. The Mayor is elected by the citizens through a direct vote for 4 years.
Deputy Mayor is voted by Municipal Council for 4 years and represents the City Mayor during the latter's absence or incapacity to execute his office.
Municipal Council is composed of 13 members, means a group of city representatives elected through direct public vote for 4 years. The Municipal Council established and dissolve, based on need, permanent or temporary executive, control, and consulting authorities, mainly:
- Deputy Mayor,
- Commissions of Municipal Council, as a advisory bodies
- Chief Municipal auditor.
- Municipal Mayor: František Budovec, Ing.
- Members of Municipal Council:
Petr Ambros, Ing.
Jozef Giertl– Deputy Mayor
Tatiana Štulrajterová, JUDr., Mgr.
Milan Gašperík, Ing.
Lenka Nováková, Ing.
Michal Vetrák, Mgr.
- Chief Municipal auditor: Tatiana Jancurová, PhDr.
(voted by Municipal Council for 6 years, since 10/05/2017)
- Commissions of Municipal Council:
- Economic and asset management commission,
- Commission for building, ground planning and environment,
- Social, domestics life and health commission,
- Commission for regional development, tourism and enterprise activities,
- Commission for education, culture and sport,
- Public policy commission,
- Commission for liquidation,
- Commission for claims,
- Commission to protect public interest.
Self-administration operation (original competencies)
- the administration and the development of municipal property and the property in the ownership of state ceded to municipal for use,
- prepare „Closing Statement annual report on the municipal management“,
- the administration of municipal taxes and fees,
- regulation of economical activities that is done by binging statements to the business activities and other activity, establishment of operations,
- the administration of local roads, public areas, plants, public lighting, cleanliness and public cemetery,
- nature and environment protection, water economy, sewerage, communal waste, support educational, leisure and sport opportunities,
- participation at regional plans, area planning, local development,
- establishment organization and business in own name,
- Attestation of needs and some offences.
- Social assistance
- Verification of documents and signatures on documents
Transfered scope of competencies of the state administration :
- Country planning and building order – municipality is a building office
- nature and environment protection sewerage – mainly felling of plants
- waste management - communal waste management
- air and water protection – small and medium sources of air contamination, small artesian well
- Population register
- Registrar office – birth, death and marriage register
- Performance of local and specific communications (roads)
Municipal established organizations:
- Primary school Čierny Balog – Jánošovka
- Infant school Čierny Balog
- Infant school Čierny Balog – Krám
- Infant school Čierny Balog – Dobroč
- Zahorka, co.,
- Zahorka LtD.,
- School leisure centre, school canteen
- Municipal office represents executive body of Municipal Council and the Municipal Mayor, and comprises city officers.
- Municipal Office carries out professional, administrative, and organizational works relating to fulfillment of municipal responsibilities, especially:
- Keep written agenda of all local government bodies, and serve as receiving and processing centre of municipal written documents,
- Prepare technical documentation and other written documents for submission to Municipal Council meetings and Municipal Council committees,
- prepare decision issued in administrative proceedings, in tax and fee proceedings,
- execute municipal orders, Municipal Council resolutions, and Mayor's decisions,
- coordinate activities of public utilities on the own territory, subjects created and established by the Municipality, as well as other subjects with direct legal relations to the Municipality,
- ensure organizational and technical implementation of state administration responsibilities transferred to the Municipality.
- Municipal office chief manages and organizes the work of the Municipal Office.
- Internal organization of Municipal Office, especially its organizational structure, competencies of individual departments, their mutual relations, and responsibilities of municipal officers, are included in the Municipal Office Organization Manual approved by the Municipal Council.
- Municipal Office does not have legal autonomy.
DAY TIME FOR CLIENTS
MONDAY 07.00 - 11.30 12.00 - 15.00
TUESDAY unofficial day
WEDNESDAY 07.00 - 11.30 12.00 - 17.00
THURSTDAY unofficial day
FRIDAY 07.00 - 11.30 12.00 - 13.00
HISTORY, CULTURE, TOURISM
Briefly from the history of settlement and life in Čierny Balog
Čierny Balog is situated in the Čierny Hron valley in mountain range of Slovenske Rudohorie about 550 m above see level. This valley had been temporarily settled since the second half of the 15th century by the so-called valachian colonisation. First written reference about Čierny Balog is from year 1607. Čierny Balog spreads on the area 14 717 hectares and with 5160 inhabitants belongs to the largest municipalities in the Slovak Republic.
Čierny Balog – a special tourist destination
Is, as well as many regions of Slovakia, mountainous rich on forests alive with wildlife and forest fruit, clear streams, wonderful scenery, original architecture with rich folk traditions and good-natured, hospitable people.
What makes Cierny Balog special ?
Original narrow – gauge of 760 mm was started on the 8th January 1909. Eventually the track length totalled 132 km. In 1982 was closed by government, but this was not the end of the Čiernohronska railway. In 1992 Čiernohronská railway restarted operating as a tourtist attraction. Now the Čiernohrosnká railway is a national cultural heritage asset, operating on a 16 km track: Chvatimech – Čierny Balog – Vydrovo Valley, ending at the Forestry Open Air Museum.
Forestry Open-Air Museum
Relaxation, gaining knowledge and entertainment along a unique path, built from love of Slovak nature and mountains. The main attracion of the museum is a 3 kilometre – path with 70 information points, telling a living story of the history of forests. The Forestry Open-Air Museum is located in the Vydrovo valley. The Čiernohronska railway can take you up through valley to the Forestry Open-Air Museum.
Dobroč Virgin forest
Is a unique original forest, one of the oldest in Europe. It has been evolving for thousands of years. As one of the oldest original forests in Slovakia, it was officially protected in 1913. Here life can be observed in an undisturbed form. This forest gained the diploma of the European Council in 2008. Walking along the boundary of this virign forest with a knowledgeable tourist quide is an experience not to be missed in any ones life time.
Educational path through the history and traditions of Čierny Balog
Is spiritual place where modernity meets the past. Gain personal knowledge about the unique culture, nature and sights of Čierny Balog village. The path, which is 2 km long with 14 stopping points, gently climbs from the centre of Čierny Balog up the Vydrovo valley to the Forestry Open-Air Museum. On the information boards are descriptions of the 13 village hamlets and significant milestones in their history.
For more informations about tourists destinations in Čierny Balog in english please visit the web side: www.vydrovskadolina.sk
Translation by Gabriel Giertl, sept. 2009